Create a Unity Package (.unitypackage) from the Mixed Reality Toolkit github repository
Are you using the Mixed Reality Toolkit in your projects? Are you using a beta version of Unity or for some other reason cannot use the master branch release? This tutorial shows how to create your own Unity package that you can re-use in your projects.
I needed to create a package from the Mixed Reality Toolkit for Unity 2017.2. Here are the steps to do that:
- Go to https://github.com/Microsoft/MixedRealityToolkit-Unity
- Switch to branch Dev_Unity_2017.2.0
- Download or clone the code
- Open Unity3D
- Choose Open Project
- Select the folder where you saved the toolkit
- Right-click HoloToolkit and choose Export Package
- Select HoloToolkit
- De-select everything else
- Click Export
- Choose a location and save
Your package is now ready to use in future projects.