Replacing default applescript application icon with a custom icns file
Applescripts that are saved as applications appear with this default icon:
In a recent post I described how to create a script to open two Finders side by side. This post describes how to add a custom icon to that script.
Replacing the custom applescript icon
- Locate the .app file.
- ctrl-click the app and choose Show Package Contents
- Within the app contents, navigate to Content/Resources
- Create or download an icns file.
- Drag the icon to the Content/Resources folder.
- Delete applet.icns
- Rename myicon.icns to applet.icns
When you navigate out of the package contents, back to your app file, the icon has changed: